As part of finalizing the 2010 goals I’ve been working through the feedback to each specific goal. I’ll post the results for each goal separately and then assemble them into a complete document.
Here’s the mobile piece. Everything is framed as a goal, rather than a big goal with specific tasks Mozilla ought to accomplish. I think this is the right approach, though I’ve gone back and forth. Many groups within the Mozilla community will identify specific tasks to accomplish these goals.
Goal: Integrate mobile into one unified, open, innovative web
- are as exciting to users and developers as products built on closed proprietary technologies
- accelerate innovation by reducing the fragmented operating system/ carrier / handset problems that developers face today
- have mindshare and marketshare to influence the industry
2. The web becomes the primary “SDK” for applications, rather than product specific proprietary SDKs.
3. New web standards are for all devices, not segregated into mobile-specific or “web” standards.